17th Year on the Web
(Article: TfO: Benefit to India)
Nimal (24 Jul. 2012)
To be blunt the points made in this article are very outdated:
1. These days historical and cultural ties are secondary if not totally irrelevant to plans policy decisions - its all about the $$$$$s! The global economy is all about the $$s.
2. Pre Indira Gandhi\'s India is long gone, like the cold war.
3. Human rights, culture etc. are only mentioned when it serves the interest of the $$s.
4. \'India\' (i.e. those who run India) too is really only interested in the $$s.
5. Sri Lanka as a whole is a more convenient to deal with and to multiply the $$s than in two parts.
6. The Chinese threat to India or any part of the globe is a myth - in fact a very convenient myth that India uses from time to time.
So there is no way \'India\' will ever support or need to support a separate TE.
Do not forget that both India and the US watched while the Tamils were being massacred and not only did nothing but could even be said to have played their part in bringing it about.
In the future India will probably (unless perhaps aliens invade from another planet and stop it!) take over and run Lanka in all but name. So it is posible that in the future much of Lanka will become more and more like Southern India/Tamil Nadu anyway. But how does this do justice to those who have been sacrificed in the cause of the $$s??
Anonymous (24 Jul. 2012)
A sinhalese would have uttered the above comment.Gone are the days of tamil coolies under colonialism starved to death in tamil nadu so much so poverty pushed many tamils to go to ceylon,malaysia and other parts of world to work in tea estates.very fact that the united tamilnadu parties brought about the un vote in support of tamils howver watered down is an indication that genocide of tamils of eelam pricked the minds of tamils of tamilnadu and one cannot ignore the sentiments of tamils of tamilnadu.Further un vote changed the bogus conference on defence and security attended by more than 50 countires last time ,now only 19 willing to attend a clear sign that one cannot go on ignore the world and pretend marketing and disinformtion would win the day.
New comments on older articles are disabled.
© 1996-2013 Ilankai Tamil Sangam, USA, Inc.